Self Activating Flood Bags (Sandless Sandbags) - Just get them wet. No need for Sand or labor filling sandbags. Absorbs 4glns of water & grows to full size at 3.5in high in 10 mins. Contains a super absorbent powder that swells & gels water. Swelled Bags contain, control & divert flood water. Stack multiple bags in brick formation to increase wall height. Leave in place for ongoing protection. Lasts for months of continuous ongoing use. Safe, Non hazardous & Non Toxic. Environmentally friendly & decomposes over time. Bags grow to 12in x 24in x 3.5in high. Uses for: Storm/Flood Preparation. Home, Building & Property Protection. Construction & Roffing. Pipe or Tank Leaks & Bursts. Erosion Control. Overflowing Equipment. Fire Dept. Water Control. Ballistic Protection. Not for use with Salt Water. Chemical reaction causes deflation. PROPER FLOOD BAG STACKING: Pyramid: Overlapped and Stairstepped. For proper stability, width should be 3 times height. For secure stability- Be sure that Flood Bags are stacked higher than expected water level. USAGE OPTIONS: For ongoing protection: leave in place for 6-8 months. Continues to reactivate when re-exposed to water. To store away and reuse later: allow time for evaporation, typically 2-3 months of continued dryness. Drying times vary depending on environment conditions. DISPOSAL OPTIONS: Dispose in the trash when no longer needed. Cut open and expose contents directly to sunlight, which will decompose within a few days. Expose bags to salt or salt water, which will release the water and deflate the bags. Quick Dams are safe, non-toxic& environmentally friendly. Weight: 3.50 Lbs. Size: 12" x 24" x 3.5" high 20/Box.
- Place Quick Dams in the path of problem water. Quick Dams are activated when exposed to fresh water and will absorb & swell to create a barrier
- During first activation, you will see white gelled particles in the stitching areas- this is normal & naturally decomposes. If a rush of water is expected, pre-soaking the Quick Dams and stacking them is recommended
- Quick Dams may be left in position for long term flood protection, up to several months. Quick Dams are reusable - they grow when exposed to water and will shrink as water evaporates
- Quick Dams may not be a solution for all situations. Adjust quantity used and stacking method to suit your specific situation
- Not for use with salt water flooding. Each Flood Bag: Starts as: 15" x 26", 0.63 lbs amd Grows to: 12" x 24" x 3.5", 32 lbs. each (4gallons)